Trade Task Force
Trade Task Force
Mission & Goals
The mission of the Trade Task Force is to engage the European and U.S. business community in the various EACC chapter locations to generate awareness about the relevant transatlantic trade initiatives & policies and the opportunities & challenges they present to businesses on both sides of the Atlantic.
Task Force members will work with EACC staff to identify relevant topics and thought-leaders to address them. One of the main objectives is to develop educational programs to help the business community better understand the key factors that are affecting transatlantic trade and to inform EACC members about new regulation, legal implications and business issues relevant to their global operations.
The goal of these programs is to utilize the EACC’s unique pan-European and US expertise to update the local and national business communities on either side of the Atlantic on what they need to know.
The Trade Task Force will help engage the relevant public and private sector participants involved in this dialog and showcase EACCNY’s unique positioning on transatlantic trade matters and highlight our members’ expertise in international trade & investment.
The task force will provide EACC members and our larger audience with access to timely & relevant information and resources as they relate to transatlantic trade & investment as well as updates on the fall-out of Brexit for both the US as well as European markets.
Concretely, the Trade Task Force will:
- Identify the key issues affecting business relations between the US and the European Union and develop informative programs to educate the EACC membership about topics in line with the priorities of the task-force target audience
- Contribute to and participate in trade related business activities, member development & engagement in accordance with the EACC strategic priorities
- Raise the profile and visibility of the EACC as a resources for trade related questions locally, nationally and internationally and in particular within the task-force’s primary target groups
- Inform US executives about related regulatory issues in Europe and how they affect trans-Atlantic business transactions
- Inform European executives about related regulatory issues in the United States and how they affect trans-Atlantic business transactions
The Trade Task Force is an initiative with local, chapter-specific members, its reach and cooperation on specific projects however will extend across all EACC chapters in the United State and Europe.
Task Force Responsibilities
- Meet at least quarterly as a group to identify, plan, and develop programs and activities related to trade and aligned with the EACC’s mission with the support of the EACC staff
- Task force members are encouraged to an active dialog with its relevant constituencies and help position the EACC as the go-to platform on the subject
- Task force leaders or their designated representative are encouraged to participate in annual committee leaders’ meetings and annual EACC strategic meeting
- Engage in a regular discourse with the EACC leadership and Staff and committees to help identify relevant topics and regulatory and legislative changes that could affect transatlantic business relations, and help identify subject matter experts to present at seminars/contribute to thought-leader articles
- Help promote the EACC and its activities to the task force’s main constituencies and identify prospective members within its target audience and help engage them with the goal to get involved and become members of the EACC
Trade Task Force Members
The composition of the task force should be diverse in terms of industries and geographies and representative of the local community yet relevant to the transatlantic business activities of the EACC membership and our larger audience.
- Concrete members are to be determined in the next few month while we build the Task Force.
Concrete members are to be determined in the next few months while we build out the Trade Task Force. In the meantime, be sure to visit our “Trade News” and “Trade & Investment Resources” below.