EACCFL – ESG Advertising: Latest Trends, Dos and Don’ts and What’s Coming Up in 2022
|Wed. January 12, 2022
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
In the past ten years, ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) has become a key focus for the corporate world. Environmental protection, social justice, and ethical management are increasingly meaningful to consumers, particularly millennials and the ZGeneration. This has led to a growing global trend towards advertising based on ESG issues, and as a result to regulators taking a closer interest in ESG-related claims, and to brand damage from allegations of “green washing”, gender or other stereotyping, cultural appropriation, …
Join us for a discussion on the trends within ESG advertising in Europe and the United States. We will explain what ESG Advertising is and what it is not, will compare and discuss similarities, differences, and challenges on both sides of the Atlantic and will look into the looking-glass in terms of upcoming legislation and trends.
Topics to be addressed
● What is ESG Advertising?
● Is there a regulatory framework at EU level? What about the UK?
● What is the legal landscape in the United States?
● What are the do’s and don’ts that you need to keep in mind?
● What are the latest trends? In B2B and B2C?
● Looking ahead to 2022, what do we foresee from a legal perspective in respect to ESG advertising?
● Edward B. Chansky – Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig (Las Vegas)
● Brinsley Dresden – Partner, Head of Advertising & Marketing Law, Lewis Silkin LLP (London)
● Alan Sutin – Principal Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig (Miami) [Moderator]
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM EST / 16:00 h - 17:00 h CET
EACCNY Members: Free
EACCNY non-Members: Free
This program is brought to you by EACC Florida