Private Equity’s Changing Role in Today’s Investment Landscape
|Tue. September 11, 2018
5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
!Orrick New York
Our annual review of PE in 2018 and an Outlook on what is in store for 2019: Macro Sector Trends, Current Volume and Outlook in Europe and the US. Questions to be discussed will include:
• What value does Private Equity deliver to its clients? (academic and professional perspectives).
• How has Private Equity role in the investment strategies of institutional investors changed in recent decades?
• What does private equity do well for clients?
• Where does private equity not serve its clients well?
• How is private equity’s relationship with its clients evolving?
• How does private equity impact the growth of investee companies, their growth and wages and employment at such companies?
• What role does regulation, both of private equity sponsors directly and of institutional investors indirectly, play in the recent past development and anticipated future development of the private equity markets.
• How do observers expect private equity to perform in a future recession or downturn?
• Peter Rooney, Partner, Orrick (moderator)
• James D. Rosener, Partner, Pepper Hamilton LLP
• Federico G.M. Mennella, CFA, Managing Director, Lincoln International LLC
• Gary Appel, Advisory Director, Investcorp
• Eric Fort, Partner, Arendt Medernach
• Ed Lewis, Senior Managing Director of Alternative Investments, Cigna Investments, Inc.
5:30 PM - 6:00 PM - Check in/Networking
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM - Program
7:30 PM - 8:00 PM - Networking
EACC NY Member: Free
Non- Member: $25
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. If you would like to register, contact membership[at]eaccny.com before Tuesday, September 11 at 1 pm.