NAFTA 2.0: A Paradigm Shift in North American and European Business and the International Trade Environment?
|Tue. March 05, 2019
08:00 am - 10:30 am
!European Union Delegation to the UN
Join us for a briefing on the strategic challenges faced by North American and European businesses in a time of turbulent international trade policies and practices.
● Can the new generation of trade agreements linking the U.S., the EU, Canada and Mexico, including the USMCA, serve to reduce friction and guide smoother sailing in the future?
● What outcomes are likely in trade disputes arising from aggressive trade actions by the U.S., e.g. 232 and 301 trade actions, and countermeasures taken by its trading partners?
● Is there scope for these four trading partners to cooperate on broader reforms to the WTO international trading system?
Panelists will share insights from U.S., Canadian, Mexican and EU perspectives.
● Tomas Baert, Head of Section, Trade & Agriculture, EUROPEAN DELEGATION TO THE UNITED STATES
● Darrel H. Pearson, Partner, Leader of International Trade and Investment , BENNETT JONES [moderator]
● John M. Weekes, Senior Business Advisor, BENNETT JONES
● Jared R. Wessel, Counsel, HOGAN LOVELLS
● Armando Beteta, Global Trade, Customs Leader – Latin American Business Center, ERNST & YOUNG LLP
● Liliana Corzo, Partner, CUATRECASAS MEXICO
8:00 AM - 8:30 AM - Check in/Networking
8:30 AM - 10:00 AM - Program
10:00 AM - 10:30 AM - Networking
Registration for this event is now closed. We look forward to seeing you at future EACCNY events!