Webinar - GDP(H)R: Employment Aspects of the GDPR
|Thu. June 27, 2019
11:30 am - 00:30 am
Join Faegre Baker Daniels, a member of the EACCNY, for a GDP(H)R briefing and an overview of key issues for employers in the first 12 months since the GDPR came into force.
The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has raised the compliance bar for employers. The wide-ranging changes introduced by the GDPR have implications for organizational culture and the structure and processes of HR departments.
• The GDPR’s territorial scope and the challenges of a mobile workforce
• Implementing multi-jurisdictional policies and procedures, and cultural/national variations in privacy standards
• Managing global recruitment: applicant notices and pre-employment checks
• Responding to data subject rights requests and navigating differences in national laws
• Monitoring employees for performance and investigative purposes
• International transfers of employee data
• Huw Beverley-Smith, Partner, Faegre Baker Daniels [London]
• Alex Denny, Partner, Faegre Baker Daniels [London]
• Emma Vennesson, Counsel, Faegre Baker Daniels [London]
• Jonathon Gunn, Associate, Faegre Baker Daniels [London]