Culture Shock: How Millennials and Gen Z Are Transforming Business
|Thu. November 07, 2019
5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Millennials (loosely defined as being born from 1981-1995) and Gen Z (loosely defined as being born between 1996-2010) are radically changing the way companies do business. As employees and consumers these young adults expect accountability and transparency.
While many traditional employers complain about the expectations of these two generations, other companies embrace their new work ethic. This program will focus on the ways that these companies aim to integrate the next generation employees and the related changing consumer behaviors on either side of the Atlantic.
The panel addresses the differences between European and American young adults of above mentioned generations and how companies in both regions adjust to the generational shifts that are impacting their company cultures and consumer behavior.
Join us for a lively conversation where we will discuss:
● Why are millennials and Gen Z are dramatically changing the way we work
> Who are millennials & GenZ’s, what makes them tick and why does it matter
● What are the changes are happening in business with these two cohorts
> Work life balance vs work life integration
> Diversity and Inclusion
> Defining a corporate purpose (include sustainability)
> Career Development and Training
>> Overhauling retention strategies
>> Team structures/project work/ integration
>> Managing expectations/rewriting motivation initiative
● What do these two generations in common across Europe and the US
● Secret Sauce: What are companies doing to successfully recruit and retain these young adults
In addition, the panelists will zoom in on common ground, rather than the differences, in approach between the United States and Europe with regard to these cohorts.
If you are interested in the impact of Millennials and Gen Z on company culture and governance this is the right event for you.
● Joanna Dodd Massey, PhD, MBA, is CEO of JDMA Inc.
● Aaron Owen, SVP, Global Human Resources, FRESH
● Megan Manfred, Head of Corporate Legal Team, VIA - ON-DEMAND TRANSIT
● Shazzia Khan, Global Chief of Staff, HAVAS HEALTH AND YOU
● Nick Smit, Managing Director, Head of Financial Institutions, ING BANK N.V. [MODERATOR]
5:30 PM - 6:00 PM - Check in/Networking
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM - Program
7:30 PM - 8:00 AM - Networking
EACCNY Member: Free
Non- EACCNY Member: Free
Event Co-sponsored by: