Webinar: The World on Lock-down: Global Covid-19 related Travel Restrictions and the Impact on Transatlantic Business
|Fri. March 20, 2020
10:00 am - 11:00 am
Entry to the United States, and possibly also to and within the EU, is being restricted in an effort to slow the spread of the COVID-19 Pandemic. These moves are having an immediate and broad impact on transatlantic and global business.
The European American Chamber of Commerce is organizing a network-wide webinar to analyze how this affects daily business activities how it is impacting key sectors like aviation, manufacturing, finance as well as explore potential impacts of boarder closings now taking place in Europe, and around the world.
Our experts will examine issues such as:
• What the ‘travel ban’ means in reality to business travelers and who exactly is affected?
• How a reduction in air passenger volumes affects business operations in the short and long-term?
• What is happening to your contracts: When does 'force majeure' apply, when are we dealing with 'frustration of purpose' or 'impossibility'?
• What considerations do businesses have to take regarding their networks and technology solutions to ensure adequate contingency of operations while people are stranded?
• Bobby Spann, Vice President for External Relations, CINCINNATI/NORTHERN KENTUCKY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (CVG)
• Ceridwen Koski, Shareholder, OGLETREE DEAKINS
• Dr. Med. Steven Lenger, Founder, MPC CONSULTANTS
• William M. Taylor, Partner, PEPPER HAMILTON LLP (Trial & Dispute Resolution Practice Group)
• Jason Reed, Managing Director, Technology Transformation Practice, FTI CONSULTING
10:00 AM - 11:00 PM EDT (Q&A included)
EACCNY Member: Free
EACCNY Non-Member: Free