Webinar | The EU Regulation of Wearables: A Changing Landscape
|Tue. July 07, 2020
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
The wearables industry is booming, with revenue in the sector projected to reach nearly €3 billion this year. Wearables consist of many kinds of different technology from fitness tracker devices and medical devices such as glucose or blood pressure monitors, to smart watches and VR headsets. This webinar is hosted by Mason Hayes & Curran.
There are a number of legal issues manufacturers need to consider when manufacturing and selling wearable devices on the EU market. At this webinar, our legal experts will discuss some of these issues with a particular focus on:
• Product Regulatory & Liability
• Data Protection & Privacy
• Use of AI
• Consumer Protection.
We will also discuss some of the key challenges arising for some types of wearable devices which are being used in the fight against COVID-19.
• Michaela Herron, Product Regulatory & Liability Partner, Mason Hayes & Curran LLP
• Brian McElligott, Intellectual Property & AI Partner, Mason Hayes & Curran LLP
• John Farrell, Commercial & Consumer Protection Partner, Mason Hayes & Curran LLP
• Brian Johnston, Privacy & Data Security Partner, Mason Hayes & Curran LLP
Tuesday, July 7, 2020
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM ET
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM Irish time
Compliments of Mason Hayes & Curran LLP - a member of the EACCNY.