Pivoting to Recover: What Will M&A Look Like Post COVID-19?
|Thu. July 16, 2020
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
This transatlantic EACC webinar is brought to you by the EACC Paris.
The panel brings together M&A experts and practitioners from Europe and the United States to address key questions for the months ahead:
● How will the appetite for M&A change as the economy goes through the phases of COVID-19 recovery?
● What are the phases of recovery for M&A? (In France, Cross-border)
● What will the M&A appetite be across various sectors (Media, Retail, Hospitality)? Will some be initially more or less robust than others?
● What is the future of distressed LBOs, Hedge-funds and NPLs in the market? How are/will they support their portfolio companies and prepare for the future?
● How should be PE firms be evaluating their portfolio companies/exit strategies now to best leverage recovery tailwinds?
- Criteria to make evaluations/decisions
- New thinking around buy-side/sell-side due diligence
- Examples of outlier companies that could be attractive now
Join us to better understand what today’s M&A landscape reveals about tomorrow’s M&A reality.
● Paul Aversano, Managing Director and Global Practice Leader, Global Transaction Advisory, Alvarez & Marsal
● Alexander Crosthwaite, Partner, Latham & Watkins, Paris
● Justin McGrory, Director, US Mergers & Acquisitions, HSBC
● Bob Rajan, Managing Director, Alvarez & Marsal, Munich, Co-Director, European Private Equity Performance Improvement group
● Other speaker to be confirmed
Moderated by Miriam Gottfried, private equity reporter, The Wall Street Journal
11:30am EST / 17:30PM CET