Managing Cross Border Investigations during a Pandemic
|Wed. October 07, 2020
10:00 am - 11:00 am
As Europe and the United States work their way through the COVID-19 pandemic, the lingering shutdowns continue to have a significant and, in some cases, an increasingly halting effect on cross-border investigations. Our experts from both sides of the Atlantic will discuss the regulatory developments and practical considerations in addressing new challenges of representing U.S. and European companies and executives in this new “normal” environment.
Recent Developments in internal & government investigations on both sides of the Atlantic:
● US logistical trends challenges and the kinds of investigations and cases we are seeing (in-person/remote court conferences/grand jury proceedings)
● Developments in the EU, including the Schrems II ruling on privacy shield and its effects on data management; a new bill in German courts
● The new anti-corruption provisions in Italy and case law on corporate criminal liability of foreign companies
Practical considerations and effects on cross-border investigations on account of the COVID-19 pandemic: planning and preparedness
● Legal & practical concerns on zoom (and other platforms) meetings
● Witness Interviews (interviewing tactics/technology issues)
This is a program not to be missed! You will leave with a new understanding and appreciation of the emerging European-American dynamic for handling investigations that straddle the Atlantic.
● Jonathan Halpern, Partner, HOLLAND & KNIGHT
● Ilaria Curti, Counsel, PORTOLANO CAVALLO
● Bärbel Sachs, Partner, NOERR
● Colleen Casey Voshell, Senior Managing Director, FTI CONSULTING [Moderator]
This webinar is free for EACCNY Members and EACCNY non-members.