Financial Planning and US Tax for Multi-National Families; Citizens, Residents, and Non-resident Aliens
|Wed. October 28, 2020
10:00 am - 11:00 am
Our panel will cover topics such as: Pre-Immigration Tax Planning; U.S. Income tax issues for U.S. non-citizen/non-residents; Expatriation Planning; Income, Gift, & Estate Planning; U.S. Exit Tax Rules and more.
Issues to be addressed will include:
• US Income tax issues for US non-citizen/nonresident, temporary US resident and green card holder.
• US Estate and Gift tax issues for US non-citizen/nonresident, temporary US resident and green card holder.
• US tax compliance for nonresident citizens, dual citizens & green-card holders
• Legal Considerations When Establishing a US Trust
• Legal issues concerning Estates and gifts
• Personal Property Planning & Re Property Planning, Tangible /Intangible Assets
• Probate And Court Issues With Foreign Fiduciaries
• Family Related Issues: Foreign Wills (Incl. Charity/Gifts), Minor Children, Attorney And Health Care Proxy
• Marshaling International Assets Specifically Non-Tax Issues (Jurisdictions & Beneficiary Designation)
• Foreign Trust vs US Trusts; Grantor/Non-Grantor Status
• Reporting requirements & trends (trusts and gifts)
• Gifts and Estate planning
• Wealth planning (incl for foreign spouses)
• Planning for Successful Wealth Transfer incl Trust types and Special Issues Affecting Planning (Country Specific Considerations)
Also attend this webinar to get hands-on advice on non-tax related issues relevant for non-resident non- citizens coming to the U.S., such as: Personal Property Planning, Family Related Issues like foreign Wills and Minor Children, and Probate and Court Issues.
• Timothy Larson, Director of Tax Services, BERKOWITZ POLLACK BRANT
• Paul Ferrara, Managing Director | Wealth Strategies Advisor, BANK OF AMERICA PRIVATE BANK
• Beth Tractenberg, Partner and Head of Private Client Practice, STEPTOE & JOHNSON
This webinar is free for EACCNY Members and EACCNY non-Members