Building the 21st Century Workforce with Innovative Apprenticeships
|Tue. October 06, 2020
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
This transatlantic EACC webinar is brought to you by the EACC Carolinas, EACC Cincinnati and EACC Florida.
Pre-Pandemic studies have shown that in the United States there will be a shortage of 3.4 million workers in the next 10 years. This number might be exacerbated by the COVID-19 crisis on the US economy and the medium-to-long term effects of school and college closures and distance-learning on America’s future workforce.
Advanced manufacturing is already confronted to an underqualified workforce and hundreds of thousands of unfulfilled jobs. Looking to the world-class benchmark standards of the dual education systems in Germany, Switzerland and Austria, which blend academic theory with practical hands-on learning, apprenticeship programs are increasingly part of the work-force development solution in the United States in particular in the high-tech industries. From the Space Coast of Florida to the manufacturing hubs of Ohio and The Carolinas, hear from some of the world leaders in technical education and from global companies that have successfully integrated these innovative apprenticeship programs into their work-force development.
This program will be graced by the presence of the Consul General of Germany in Florida, in honor of the German Presidency of the European Union.
• Andreas Siegel, General Consul of the Federal Republic of Germany for Florida - Miami (FL)
• Andreas Brockman, Head of Technical Training and Education USA, Festo Didactic - Cincinnati (OH)
• Robert Ellis, HR Team Lead Supervisor Training and Apprenticeship, ZF Group – Gray Court (SC)
• Kai Schmidt, Director Human Resources & Facilities, Airbus OneWeb Satellites and Chairman and Co-Founder of the SCCAP – Merit Island (FL)
• Carla Whitlock, Senior Apprenticeship Consultant, Apprenticeship Carolina – Greenville (SC) [moderator]
11:00am - 12:00pm EST
EACC non-Members: Free