Webinar | COVID-19: the Game Changer in Distressed M&A
|Thu. September 24, 2020
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Responses of the European governments to the COVID-19 pandemic and the liquidity crunch (and economic crisis that ensued) have differed: from full lock down to no-lock down; from massive recourse to the state-guaranteed loans to other forms of subsidies.
We will look into the recent regulatory measures implemented in five major European countries to overcome the COVID-19 crisis and their pros and cons, and the foreseeable consequences on deal making and investment opportunities in the various industry sectors in these countries. Finally, we will take a quick look at how bankruptcy laws in home jurisdictions respond to the need of ensuring a safe legal framework for distressed acquisitions.
• Simon Beale, Macfarlanes LLP - London
• Tommaso Foco, Portolano Cavallo - Milan
• Anna Palmérus, Vinge - Göteborg
• Dorothee Prosteder, Noerr LLP - Munich
• Anker Sorensen, De Gaulle Fleurance & Associés - Paris
• Rose B. Sorensen, Snell & Wilmer LLP - Los Angeles (USA) [moderator]
Thursday, September 24, 2020
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM ET
Compliments of Portolano Cavallo and Noerr LLP - members of the EACCNY.