The 2020 Wrap-up: A Look at the EU’s Agenda on Key Regulatory & Economic Issues and Their Financial Impacts
|Tue. November 10, 2020
10:00 am - 11:00 am
Recent changes to the regulatory landscape in Europe and the U.S. are bound to impact the global economy; and Europe’s agenda for the next few months will play a major role in transatlantic relations. Investment Transactions, Privacy Issues, Trade Agreements, Distressed Sales, Cross-border Restructurings - the remainder of 2020 will be full of challenges and opportunities across all industries. This webinar will address key components in how best to handle cross-border matters during these unprecedented times while navigating the legal and financial obstacles across the two continents.
EU Financial Recovery Package
• The €857B Recovery Package: Groundbreaking stimulus to stabilize the EU Economy. A discussion on the latest news and how transatlantic transactions may be impacted.
Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and What the Future Holds
• Recent development enforcement in the EU.
• Transatlantic Data Movement: The CJEU ruling on the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield; steps to adjust current practices.
Restructurings & Acquisitions
• Restructuring and COVID-19: A discussion on the Scheme of Arrangements in Europe vs. Chapter 11 in the U.S., and how best to cleanse assets in a cross-border distressed sale. Considerations for choosing Europe over the U.S. for insolvency, bankruptcy, and restructuring proceedings.
• Acquisition by EU governments, utilizing EU funds, of significant stakes in European private companies in an effort to hold off bankruptcy.
Brexit: Ongoing Negotiations Between the UK and EU
• The latest on Brexit and the effects on the issues addressed above.
• Agnieszka Rafalska, Transaction Counsel (Private Equity), APOLLO GLOBAL MANAGEMENT, INC
• Kris Orsini, Counselor, Economic and Financial Affairs, DELEGATION OF THE EUROPEAN UNION TO THE U.S.
• Daniel Rücker, Partner, NOERR LLP
• Juan Oñate, Partner, PÉREZ-LLORCA
Free for EACCNY Members and EACCNY non-Members
|This webinar is organized
in collaboration with