Webinar | California Workplace Developments During An Extraordinary Year, and Preparing for 2021
|Thu. December 03, 2020
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Please join Troutman Pepper’s California Labor & Employment Team as we revisit employment developments from 2020 and report on upcoming changes for 2021.
2020 has changed how we work, and this program will explore the newest legal developments affecting California employers of all sizes. The 2020 workplace has seen stay at home orders; work from home; furloughs and layoffs; essential workers; social distancing and workplace safety measures; contact tracing and reporting; and quarantining employees with and without pay.
The response to the COVID-19 pandemic has spawned many of these developments, while other new laws are unrelated to COVID-19 and add to the compliance obligations for all California employers. These developments set the stage for a likely rise in government scrutiny of workplace practices and employment-related lawsuits.
• Worker Classification and Wage and Hour Updates
• Expanded Leaves of Absence, Paid and Unpaid
• COVID-19 Workplace Safety Guidance and Compliance
• Workers’ Compensation Presumptions and Reporting Requirements
• Diversity Initiatives
• Mark Payne, Partner, TROUTMAN PEPPER
• Chris Gelpi, Associate, TROUTMAN PEPPER
• Kristalyn Lee, Associate, TROUTMAN PEPPER
• Emily Reber, Associate, TROUTMAN PEPPER
• Jessica Rothenberg, Associate, TROUTMAN PEPPER
Thursday, December 3, 2020
3:00 PM - 4:30 PM EST
Compliments of Troutman Pepper LLP - a member of the EACCNY.