US & Canada Immigration & Travel Ban Update for International Travelers
|Thu. November 04, 2021
10:00 am - 11:00 am
Join us for an update on the state of travel restrictions and immigration challenges European and other Nationals encounter and have to prepare for when traveling to the United States and Canada.
Our panel will discuss North America Travel restrictions for Canadian, European, American & Mexican travelers, provide an update on Visa processing delays and other challenges foreign nationals face who are trying to work in the U.S. or Canada.
You will learn about:
● U.S. Travel Bans
> Schengen, China, Iran, South Africa, UK, Ireland, Brazil, India
> Exceptions including National Interest Exemptions
> The Future of Travel Bans – Vaccinated travelers
● The Effects of limited Consular Service & limited Visa Services
● Biden’s plans on Immigration, what has been implemented and changes that can be expected
● The current situation in Canada for business travelers and tourists
> Who can cross the border and under what conditions?
> The particular situation of people coming from the US to Canada
● What does the future hold for Canada? And, tips to come to Canada safely
In this context, we will also cover other Immigration related issues:
● Tips & Workarounds to secure Visa's in a timely fashion, both in Canada & the United States
● Remote Work Visa Compliance
● HR Onboarding during Covid & I-9 Compliance
● Ceridwen J. Koski, Shareholder, OGLETREE, DEAKINS, NASH, SMOAK & STEWART, P.C.
● Francis Tourigny, Partner, EXEO ATTORNEYS
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM EDT / 16:00 h - 17:00 h CET
EACCNY Members: Free
EACCNY non-Members: Free