Webinar | Vertical Agreements in the EU and UK: How to Navigate the New Competition Law Landscape
|Wed. October 06, 2021
07:00 am - 08:15 am
Join Steptoe’s EU Competition team for a complimentary webinar on the new competition law landscape for vertical agreements in the UK and in the EU.
The UK Competition and Markets Authority’s proposals for a new Vertical Agreement Block Exemption Order (VBEO), the European Commission’s draft Vertical Agreement Block Exemption Regulation (VBER), and Vertical Guidelines provide an important opportunity for businesses to review their existing UK and EU supply chains. Doing so will not only help identify possible new pitfalls that may invalidate their current arrangements, but also allow you to consider newly permissible intra-brand restrictions that can help optimize their routes to market.
• Market definition issues and the application of:
- The new VBER 10% threshold applicable to dual distribution (and treatment of information exchanges above this threshold)
- The renewed 30% threshold applicable under VBER and VBEO
• Dual distribution and the exclusion of online intermediation service providers
• The differing treatment of MFNs and price comparison websites under the VBEO and VBER
• Permissible restrictions relating to online sales
• Dual pricing and the difference between permissible and impermissible price differentiation
• Shared exclusivity and the need for investment cost recoupment by each distributor
• Charles Whiddington, Partner, STEPTOE
• Simon Hirsbrunner, Partner, STEPTOE
• Paul Hughes, Of Counsel, STEPTOE
• Dr. Claudio Calcagno, Director, GMT ECONOMICS
Wednesday, October 6, 2021
7:00 a.m. - 8:15a.m. ET
CLE Credit Available
Compliments of Steptoe & Johnson - a member of the EACCNY.