Webinar | COVID-19 and the Delta Variant: Navigating International Travel and Employer Challenges Concerning Vaccines
|Thu. October 14, 2021
11:30 am - 12:45 pm
This is part of a webinar series hosted by Faegre Drinker’s international team. The series will tackle timely issues of importance for companies with international business and growth objectives.
Just when we started to think about international travel and fully reopening businesses, the COVID-19 Delta variant appeared, forcing recalibration of our best laid plans. Governments around the world are continually reassessing risks and adjusting entry and exit requirements, making international travel a gamble. In an optimistic turn of events, the Biden administration recently announced its intent to lift the U.S. COVID-19 entry bans for fully vaccinated travelers in early November. Meanwhile, as vaccinations become more readily available, multinational employers continue to raise good questions concerning vaccine policies for each jurisdiction in which they operate.
• How do I get my key employees across borders?
• Will lifting of the U.S. COVID-19 entry bans actually happen? If yes, how will this be implemented?
• What are my company’s obligations regarding the vaccine?
• Can COVID-19 vaccines be mandated for my employees?
• What risks do I incur if an employee is not vaccinated?
• When do “home” country vs. “host” country laws apply to vaccines and related return-to-work policies?
In this session, Faegre Drinker will discuss important topics for legal and practical considerations in the U.S., the U.K., China and other key jurisdictions, including ever-changing travel requirements, vaccine development, approved vaccines, exposure risk levels and accommodations.
• Erika C. Collins, Partner, FAEGRE DRINKER
• Elaine M. Kumpula, Partner, FAEGRE DRINKER
• Charlotte Marshall, Associate, FAEGRE DRINKER
• Claire Zhao, Partner, FAEGRE DRINKER
Thursday, October 14, 2021
11:30 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. ET
Compliments of Faegre Drinker - a member of the EACCNY.