EACCNY & Euronext Pan European Days
On June 7, 2016 Euronext, in cooperation with the European American Chamber of Commerce hosted its 4th annual pan-European days in the United States.
The program was attended by over 200 U.S. and European business executives and investors. This half-day transatlantic business forum brought together senior government officials, issuers and institutional investors.
The program outlined the EU Commissions Investment Plan for Europe, explained the confidence the EIB has in the European Economy, and examined the EIB’s plan to invest 800 billion into the EU. That discussion was followed by a panel with a select group of European finance officials and ministers on the current economic developments of the European Market.
• Thomas C. Barrett, Director and Chief Representative, European Investment Bank
• Mário Centeno, Minister of Finance, Portugal
• Johan Van Overtveldt, Minister of Finance, Belgium
• Joop Wijn, Managing Board, ABN AMRO or Dennis Dijkstra, co-CEO, Flow Traders*
• José Maria Ricciardi, CEO, Haitong Bank
Moderator: Rob Cox, Editor Breaking Views, Reuters News
This years program also featured a top-level discussion by chief economists from leading financial institutions on the investment climate and opportunities in the Eurozone in 2016 with:
• Cristina Casalinho, Chairman & CEO, Portuguese Treasury and Debt Management Agency – IGCP
• Miranda Carr, China Thematic Strategist, Haitong
• Carsten Brzeski, Chief Economist Europe, ING
• Nick Kounis, Head Macro Research, ABN AMRO
• Michala Marcussen, Chief Economist, Societe Generale
Moderator: Bart van Ark, Executive Vice President, Chief Economist & Chief Strategy Officer, The Conference Board
The program concluded with an Update on European Banking Union & Capital Markets with
• Ignazio Angeloni, Member of the Supervisory Board of the European Central Bank, Visiting Fellow at Bruegel
• José Viñals, Financial Counselor, Director of the Monetary and Capital Markets Department, International Monetary Fund
Moderated by: John Bruton, Former Irish Prime Minister and Former EU Ambassador to the United States.