September 20, 2013 — The European American Chamber of Commerce in cooperation with the Danish Government organized a program about the importance of an active participation of women in the workforce and the positive effects this has on the economy as a whole.
· Nick Haekkerup, Danish Minister for Trade and European Affairs
· Laurie Fulton, Former US Ambassador to Denmark
· Kay Hymowitz, Journalist & Fellow at Manhattan Institute
· Eddie Williams, Corporate vice president of Biopharmaceuticals, Novo Nordisk Inc.
· Deborah McWhinney, Chief Operating Officer of Global Enterprise Payments, Citi & Co-chair of Citi Women
· Deborah Butters, Vice President Human Resources, IBM Global Business Services North America
Moderator: Toni Reinhold, President, Newswomen’s Club of New York, VP, Overseas Press Club, and an editor on the Americas Desk, Reuters
The program was be held at the residence of the Danish Ambassador & Consul General.
If you missed the event and interested in the topic, a link to a taping of the event can be found here & below.