Newsmaker with Jyrki Katainen, European Commission Vice-President for Jobs, Growth, Investment & Competitiveness
|Tue. March 01, 2016
08:00 am - 10:00 am
!SUNY Global Center
The European American Chamber of Commerce New York cordially invites you to a Newsmaker Breakfast with Jyrki Katainen European Commission Vice-President for Jobs, Growth, Investment & Competitiveness moderated by Paul Solman, Business & Economics Correspondent, PBS Newshour.
Expect a first-hand update on the European Economy and first results of steps the Juncker Commission has taken to improve the business environment across the 28 EU member states making Europe more attractive to foreign investment.
Vice-President Katainen will discuss the EU Investment Plan and how it opens up new opportunities for American investors. He will also address the updates on relevant regulations, the deepening of the single market, and a new trade and investment regime (notably through TTIP, which will create new trade and investment opportunities for both sides).
Jyrki Katainen, Vice-President for Jobs, Growth, Investment & Competitiveness, European Commission
Paul Solman, Business and Economics Correspondent, PBS Newshour (moderator)
Vice President Katainen's Responsibilities at the European Commission include:
• Leading the project team “Jobs, Growth, Investment and Competitiveness”.
• Delivering the new jobs, growth and investment programme, which will mobilise up to €300 billion in additional public and private investment in the real economy over the next three years.
• Coordinating the mid-term review of the Europe 2020 strategy, Europe’s economic growth strategy.
• Pursuing structural reforms in EU countries and ensuring, together with the Vice-President for the Euro and Social Dialogue, that the EU’s economic policy coordination is successful and takes account of the social impacts of reforms.
• Helping improve the business environment to make Europe a more attractive place in which to work and invest.
Paul Solman has been economics correspondent for ‘The PBS NewsHour’ since 1985. His stories appear on the program every Thursday as part of his “Making $ense” reporting.
His work has won various awards, including Emmys in the ‘70s, ‘80s, ’90s, and '00s, two Peabody Awards and a Loeb award for reporting on China. He was also named a member of TV Guide's television news all-time “Dream Team."
If you are active in transatlantic trade & investment this is a discussion not to be missed!
|This program is
8:00 - 8:30 AM: Check in
8:30 - 10:00 AM: Program
10:00 - 10:30 AM: Networking
REGISTRATION: We have reached capacity and can not accept additional guests. If you are a member of the media call 212 808 2707 or email ybr[at]eaccny.com to request accreditation.