EACC Legal Committee
EACC Legal Committee
Mission & Goals
The mission of the European American Chamber of Commerce’s legal committee is to engage the international and U.S. legal community in New York and generate awareness about the programs and benefits the EACCNY and the organizations it represents have to offer to that particular community.
The international make-up of the EACC’s legal committee and the global nature of the activities the firms are engaged in gives us direct access to the key players in nearly every European market and throughout the United States, which provides us with a unique position among our peers.
The committee will offer the EACC’s law-firm members as well as the larger EACC audience timely & relevant information and resources on matters affecting the legal community and their target audiences in Europe and the U.S.
Its goals are to:
- Contribute to and participate in targeted business activities and networking to engage the legal community, in alignment with EACC’s strategic priorities
- Help raise the profile and visibility of the EACC and its thought-leadership in legal and regulatory matters locally, nationally and internationally within the legal community and its larger constituency
- Identify the key legal issues affecting business relations between the U.S. and the EU and develop informative programs to educate EACC’s members and audience
- Work with senior staff to engage current members and attract new ones
- Inform U.S. and European executives about relevant regulatory issues in the United States and how they affect trans-Atlantic business transactions
- Meet at least quarterly as a committee to identify, plan, and implement programs and activities aligned with the EACC’s mission and with the support of the EACC staff
- Participate in annual committee leaders’meetings and EACCNY’s strategic meeting
- Identify prospective members within the target audience of the committee and encourage them to get involved and become a part of the EACC
- Engage in a regular discourse with the EACC Staff and program committee to help identify relevant topics, regulatory and legislative changes and business matters that could affect cross-border transactions, and help identify subject matter experts to present at the related seminars
- Initiate a dialogue with relevant subject matter experts who can share their knowledge and present at EACC seminars
This transatlantic program is brought to you by the EACC Carolinas, in partnership with the EACC Netherlands. Join us for an overview of inbound and outbound transportation modes in South Carolina and the Netherlands, a gateway to Europe. From new capital investments and expansions to job creation, South Carolina and the Netherlands are consistently recognized for their successes with international business.
Join us for a panel discussion about the pros and cons of in-house management vs outsourcing of multi-jurisdictional Real Estate portfolios, including insourcing, outsourcing and co-sourcing will focus on what functions are appropriate for outsourcing, the benefits and how outsourcing relationships need to be managed.