EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework (Safe Harbor 2.0) - A Regulatory Update
|Tue. May 17, 2016
08:00 am - 10:30 am
Join us for an update on the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Our panelists will discuss details of the new Privacy Shield Agreement, the changes it entails and the implications for the US and EU businesses & investors.
• The US and EU viewpoint of what companies need to know about the safe harbor/Privacy Shield framework, once it is implemented
>> What you need to know in the transition & requirements going forward
>> Self-certification, and additional oversight and enforcement mechanisms
>> New disclosures of the uses of personal data, data collection and the identities of third parties with whom the data is shared
• The use of third party dispute resolution bodies and their enforcement authority
• Greater oversight of the actual implementation of the framework undertakings by the certifying entity
• Other approaches to transatlantic data transfers, incl. dual solutions
>> Advantages and disadvantages of Model Contracts and Binding Corporate Rules as an interim compliance measure, and their administrative challenges.
• The extraterritorial approach of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the resulting liability and business practice obligations.
• The need to start planning for the new rules now, in parallel with any Privacy Shield planning and implementation
• Insights into the approval process and the chance that a challenge to the Shield in the European Court of Justice could be successful.
• Krysten Jenci, Director of the Office of Digital Services Industries (ODSI), DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE INTERNATIONAL TRADE ADMINISTRATION
• Laura Liguori, Partner, PORTOLANO CAVALLO STUDIO LEGALE
• Dr. Daniel Rücker, Practice Group IT, Outsourcing & Data Privacy Partner, NOERR LLP
• William Taylor, Partner, PEPPER HAMILTON, LLP
• Tom Zych, Partner, THOMPSON HINE, LLP
8:00 - 8:30 AM: Check in
8:30 - 10:00 AM: Program
10:00 - 10:30 AM: Networking
REGISTRATION: Registration is now closed, we have reached capacity.
Note: This program will be off the record.