Life Sciences and COVID: What has changed and what you need to know to position yourself for success
|Thu. November 05, 2020
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Please join us for a discussion on how the life science sector has evolved during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Our panel of experts will share their perspectives on how COVID-19 has impacted deal making in the life sciences sector, the changing regulatory landscape and emerging trends and opportunities.
During the Pandemic, scientific information related to the development of a COVID-19 vaccine has been shared real time and free of charge. Companies on both sides of the Atlantic accelerated research and development and are facing a new environment for market entry. There is a new focus on partnerships and collaboration by health science companies. New laws and regulations have come into effect to speed up processes and shorten new drug, diagnostics, and medical device approval times.
Deal making during COVID-19
● Impact on deal making
● Value proposition and the valuation challenge
● Raising financing
New and Here-to-stay Trends in Life Science Investments
● Key emerging trends: a new focus on partnerships and collaboration
Changing Regulatory Landscape
● Emergency Use Authorization and Protection against Lawsuits
● Changes in the FDA New Drugs Regulatory Program: Restructuring of the Office of New Drugs (OND), the Office of Translational Sciences (OTS), and the Office of Pharmaceutical Quality (OPQ)
● Matthew J. Meyer, Chief Client Corporate Development Officer, WILSON SONSINI [Chair]
● Iqbal Hussain, Partner, REED SMITH
● Z. Ileana Martinez, Partner, THOMPSON HINE
● Negin Bemanzadeh, Chairman & CEO, EEE CORPORATE GROUP
This webinar is free for EACCNY members and EACCNY non-members.