POSTPONED: EU Recovery & Green Deal Investment Dialog: The Recovery plan for the EU & how US Investors can be a part of it
|Mon. February 01, 2021
10:00 am - 11:00 am
In addition to showcasing the innovative nature of the EU Recovery plan and its funding instruments, this Forum will explain how US and European businesses & investors can become an active part of the economic recovery, and with that real levers of change, while also maintaining their profitability.
QUESTIONS to be raised will include:
• Explain the EU Recovery Plan, its financing and the integration with the Green Deal
• EC Impact assessment of the Green deal - Why sustainable investment, production & supply-chain are part of a financially-viable business model solution for the recovery
• Is the proposed new legislation being followed by ambition at national level?
• What are the challenges are foreseen for the implementation of the Green Deal at national and local level? How is the national governance of such a transition working in practice?
• EIB transition into the EU Climate Bank and new commitments:
>> what impact will it have?
>> What technologies will be supported under the EU Recovery plan?
>> Infrastructure and other investment opportunities in support of fighting climate change?
• What financing models are proving useful to mobilise private investments to the scale needed for this transition?
• How the private sector can be engaged in a meaningful way to lend lasting support to fighting climate change
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are one of the main pillars of the European economy, and most have been severely impacted by the Covid crisis.
• How will EIB articulate its support in general to the private sector but in particular, to this crucial segment of the EU economy?
• How EIB’s support to SMEs will favour the implementation of the Green Deal on a local level?
• How the EIB support SME’s, governments and projects to implement the Green Deal on a local level (risk sharing, monitoring)
• Werner Hoyer, President, EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK
• Frans Timmermans, Executive Vice-President in charge of the Green Deal, EUROPEAN COMMISSION [tbc]
• Journalist moderator to be announced
Early 2021 - TBD
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM EST