EU Tax Alert – October 2017.
Highlights in this edition:
- Ecofin agrees that ‘digital economy’ companies should pay more tax in the EU
- New EU VAT system and quick fixes for cross-border trade
- CJ rules that French anti-abuse provision withholding tax exemption for dividends distributed to non-resident parent companies is not in line with the Parent-Subsidiary Directive and the freedom of establishment (Eqiom SAS)
- Commission orders Luxembourg to recover EUR 250 million from Amazon
- Commission refers Ireland to CJ for non-compliance with Apple recovery order
- CJ rules that VAT exemption for independent groups of persons does not apply to groups of persons whose members carry on economic activities in the area of insurance (DNB Banka & Aviva)
Please click here to download and read Loyens & Loeff’s newsletter EU Tax Alert no. 171.
Compliments of Loyens &Loeff, a member of the EACCNY