NautaDutilh’s New York office is looking for a full time Management Assistant.
About Us – NautaDutilh is a Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg) Law Firm. Our New York office works with U.S.’s most prominent Financial Institutions, Corporations, and Law Firms, while practicing the law of our European jurisdictions. Approximately 15-20 professionals work in our Rockefeller Center, New York Office location.
Our Team – Our staff team members hold the title Management Assistant and they operate as a pool in fulfilling Practice Management, Attorney Support/Secretarial, Office Management and tasks, with each owning certain skill-specific tasks. Flexibility and teamwork is paramount to success in this role. Our culture is unique. NautaDutilh prioritizes people, and is truly a wonderful place to work.
The Right Fit – This Management Assistant Role is perfect for someone with an understanding of law firms and business. This is an excellent opportunity for exposure to various areas, in a truly international environment. This role requires a self-starter, who can be proactive and take initiative, recognizing and leading on projects that need to be done, and capable of doing so, where possible, without being asked.
- Practice Management
- Oversee Conflict Check Procedure
- Facilitate Engagement Letter Generation and Review
- Reviewing Outside Counsel Agreements and Terms
- Understanding of Fee Quoting Process for Incoming Engagements
- Coordinate Know Your Client
- Monitoring Matter Budgets
- Attorney Support/Secretarial
- Transaction support
- Resolution – draft/revise (shareholder resolutions and board member resolutions)
- Office Management
- Manage interpretation and implementation of Covid-19 interaction and workplace guidance as per CDC
- Bachelor Degree
- 1-3 years of office experience, preferably in a legal environment
- Authorization to work in the United States (visa with EAD, green card or US Citizenship)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Dutch language fluency is a plus but not required
- Full Time: M-F, 9am-6pm
- Flex: In-office required, Flexible per CDC Guidance
- Location: Rockefeller Center, NY
Salary range: Commensurate
Respond, in your application letter, to the questions below. There is no right or wrong answer. We are trying to understand better who you are, and if you have the skills required for success working with the NautaDutilh team in New York.
- What is the best decision you ever made, and why?
- What is your biggest source of pride? Why does that make you proud?
- Tell us about a time when you experienced a loss for doing what is right, or if you prefer, a time where you conformed to expectations even though you felt it was wrong.
- If you became the manager in your last position, describe one sweeping change you would have made and what difference that change would have made in achieving the goals of the organization or company you worked for.
- What are the most important skills that you bring to practice management related tasks such as drafting engagement letters, running conflict checks, and managing matter budgeting, and why are those skills imperative?
To apply, kindly submit resume and responses to above screening questions to Sarah Galparoli, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Compliments of NautaDutilh – a member of the EACCNY.