In a notice to be published in the Federal Register of March 19, 2020, the Office of the United States Trade Representative (“USTR”) announced extensions for certain soon to expire exclusions from the China 301 List 1 tariffs (the $34 billion trade action).
To date, ten sets of exclusions have been issued in connection with List 1. The second set of exclusions is scheduled to expire on March 25, 2020. The USTR has announced that the expiring exclusions on the below items will be extended for one year (to now cover the specified goods entered for consumption, or withdrawn from warehouse for consumption, before March 25, 2021).
Unless extended under the current action or prior actions, exclusions will expire on their previously scheduled expiration date. If you have any questions on the status of any particular China 301 exclusion(s), please contact our office.
LIST 1 EXCLUSIONS EXTENDED
- Breast pumps, whether or not with accessories or batteries (described in statistical reporting number 8413.81.0040)
- Machinery for filtering water, submersible, powered by batteries, manually operated, such machinery designed for use in pools, basins, aquariums, spas or similar contained bodies of water (described in statistical reporting number 8421.21.0000)
- Hand-held ultraviolet water purifiers, powered by batteries (described in statistical reporting number 8421.21.0000)
- Filters designed to remove sulfites from wine (described in statistical reporting number 8421.22.0000)
- Filter housings, covers, or couplings, the foregoing of steel and comprising parts of machinery or apparatus for filtering liquids (described in statistical reporting number 8421.99.0040)
- Vulcanized rubber tracks, each incorporating cords and cleats of steel, designed for use on construction equipment (described in statistical reporting number 8431.49.9095)
- Automated data processing storage units (other than magnetic disk drive units), not assembled in cabinets for placing on a table or similar place, not presented with any other unit of a system (described in statistical reporting number 8471.70.6000)
- Electric motors, AC, permanent split capacitor type, each in a housing with outside diameter of 84 mm or less, with output of 6 W or more but not exceeding 16 W (described in statistical reporting number 851.10.4020)
- Inoculator sets of plastics, each consisting of a plate with multiple wells, a display tray, and a lid; when assembled, the set measuring 105 mm or more but not exceeding 108 mm in width, 138 mm or more but not exceeding 140 mm in depth, and 6.5 mm or less in thickness (described in statistical reporting number 9027.90.5650)
Compliments of Grunfeld, Desiderio, Lebowitz, Silverman & Klestadt LLP – a member of the EACCNY.