The global economy is evolving quickly, and tech and other startups are looking beyond traditional expansion targets like the UK and China. Popular targets now include relatively low cost, talent-rich countries like Israel, Ireland, the Czech Republic and Poland, which recently joined the ranks of FTSE Russell advanced economies, the first country to do so in nearly ten years.
Throughout this evolution, many of the basic concepts of international expansion continue to hold true. As enforcement by tax and immigration authorities everywhere tightens, it’s more important than ever for companies considering expansion to understand these concepts so they know the right questions to ask, regardless of target country.
This webinar first addresses the basics of international expansion, from permanent establishment triggers to legal entity options to expat assignments and more. We then present some real-life examples of expanding into and operating in Poland, one of the world’s fastest-growing economies.
During this webinar we will discuss:
- Immigration considerations, including short- and long-term expat assignments
- Permanent establishment basics and legal entity types
- Employer obligations, including employment contracts, payroll withholdings and benefits
- Operating in Poland, including hiring and retaining local talent, setting up a legal entity, providing competitive benefits and terminating employees
- KATIE DAVIES, VP, International Solution Development, Vistra
- KENNY MORGAN, Director, Corporate Services, Vistra
VIEW RECORDING HERE