The U.S. Small Business Administration New York District Office (NYDO) is now accepting nominations online for its 2016 National Small Business Week Awards, including its annual Small Business Person of the Year award.
Small businesses from New York, Bronx, Kings, Queens, Richmond, Nassau, Suffolk, Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster and Westchester Counties are encouraged to submit their nominations for both national and local awards.
“SBA has been following the mantra – Smart, Bold and Accessible in the way the agency conducts business,” said SBA New York District Director Beth Goldberg. “This is now the third year SBA has been using the online portal submission process, a great and smart improvement from years past. The improved dedicated web portal http://awards.sba.gov provides all the guidelines and has made it much easier to submit and track submissions of nominees for National Small Business Week.”
Since 1963, National Small Business Week has recognized the outstanding achievements of America’s small businesses for their contributions to their local communities, and to our nation’s economy. For over 50 years, SBA continues its tradition in honoring the nation’s 28 million small businesses.
- National Small Business Person of the Year (chosen from among state award winners from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam)
- Phoenix Awards (recognizing outstanding accomplishments during disaster recovery)
- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year
- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
- The Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence (recognizes large prime contractors who have used small businesses as suppliers and contractors)
- SBA 8(a) Graduate of the Year (for recent graduates of the SBA’s 8(a) Business Development Program)
- Exporter of the Year
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC)Excellence and Innovation Award (nominations of SBA-funded SBDC Service Centers)
- Women’s Business Center (WBCs) of Excellence Award (nominations of SBA-funded WBCs)
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award (nominations of SBA-funded Veterans Business Outreach Centers)
- Small Business Investment Company of the Year
National nominations can be submitted online by January 11, 2016. The national awards along with the local awards may also be postmarked or hand delivered to the SBA no later than 3 p.m. EST, Monday, Jan. 11, 2016 and should be sent to the attention of Ana Hernandez of the U.S. Small Business Administration, New York District Office, 26 Federal Plaza, Room 3100 – New York, NY 10278. For additional information about the award process, please contact Ana Hernandez at (212) 264-5664 or via email at ana.hernandez[at]sba.gov or Elizabeth Abreu at (212) 264-2736 or via email at elizabeth.abreu[at]sba.gov.