133 international companies set up business operations in Vienna in 2013, more than ever before. Total investment volume amounted to about EUR 38 million, creating 700 new jobs. In the past ten years more than 1,000 international firms have established subsidiaries or branch offices in Vienna, creating or safeguarding 9,100 jobs and stimulating investments of EUR 800 million.
Functioning city lures companies
The soft skills offered by the business location were also among the main reasons explaining the decision of international companies to settle in Vienna. In this case Vienna scores points with investors thanks to the high quality and reliability of its infrastructure, as well as its globally unique quality of life.
- 200 multinational head offices
- Headquarters of UNO, UNIDO, OPEC, OSZE
- Global leader for international conferences and congresses (for more than eight years)
- Largest German-language university city with 187,000 students
- Highest quality of life in the world for the fifth straight year
- Most innovative city in Europe, ranked third globally
Invest in Austria is a EACCNY Member