Pepper Hamilton today announced results of the deals closed during the first quarter, ending March 31, 2017. The firm counseled on more than 20 deals with combined transaction values in the billions, including a $1.4 billion merger between American Realty Capital – Retail Centers of America, Inc. and American Finance Trust, Inc.
“The results of these significant transactions throughout the first quarter are a testament to our commitment to the essentials of our client service — client-centric market knowledge and deal execution,” said Brian Katz, chair of the Corporate and Securities Practice Group at Pepper Hamilton. “Our primary goal has always been to deliver exceptional service to our clients and provide them with the most effective solutions that work in today’s market. Our Q1 results, which include deals stretching from our offices in New York through California, reflect our successful achievement of this commitment as well as robust potential for the rest of Pepper’s year. We have a number of deals closed or in the pipeline for Q2 already.”
Highlights of the Q1 transactions include:
• American Realty Capital – Retail Centers of America, Inc.’s merger with American Finance Trust, Inc. Lead partners – Michael Friedman and Valerie Demont.
• Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC’s merger with J. Smith Lanier & Co., an insurance brokerage firm. Lead partners – Brian Katz and James Jumper.
• Audax Group’s stock purchase of Women’s Health Care Group, LLC and Regional Women’s Health Group, LLC. Lead partners – John W. Jones, Jr. and Solomon Hunter, Jr.
• Penske Automotive Group’s asset purchase of Car Sense Inc. Lead partner – Daniel McDonough.
• The Wrench Group’s acquisition of Baker Brothers Rotovision, Inc. Lead partners – Brian Katz and Nilufer Shaikh.
• New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co., Inc.’s asset purchases of Berks Products Corporation, supplier of commercial construction materials and energy, and paving contractor EJB Paving & Materials Co. Lead partners – Brian Katz and Cary Levinson.
• Peoplenet Corporation’s asset purchase of talent acquisition software tool developer Fyre, LLC. Lead partner – James Rosener.
• Model N Inc.’s merger with Revitas, Inc. Lead partner – P. Thao Le.
• Infor (US), Inc.’s asset purchase of Ciber, Inc. Lead partner – Thomas P. Dwyer
• NewSpring Mezzanine Capital III, L.P.’s stock purchase of Lynn Electronics Corp. Lead partner – Christopher S. Miller.